By using our website or services, or by otherwise providing us with your personal information, you agree to the terms of this Policy and consent to the collection, use and disclosure or your personal information in accordance with this Policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time, and request that we cease collecting, using or disclosing your information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, and to meet our legal obligations as an employer, we may collect, use or disclose personal information about you. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, you acknowledge that we may not be able to supply all requested products or services. The type of information we collect includes names, addresses, credit card details (if you buy products or services from us) and other contact details. The type of personal information we collect from you will depend on the services requested and the method by which you provide this information.
COLLECTION OF CREDIT INFORMATION
If you are a customer and we give you credit, we may also collect credit information or credit eligibility information about you. Credit information and credit eligibility information are particular types of personal information. The credit information and credit eligibility information we may collect about you includes: identification information; credit liability information; repayment history information; details of any request for your information that we receive from a credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer; the type and the amount of credit sought; default information; payment information; court proceedings information; personal insolvency information; information about any serious credit infringement by you; information disclosed in reports obtained from credit reporting bodies; information from property searches; and information provided by trade references. We generally collect your credit information or credit eligibility information directly from you, for example, if you complete our Commercial Account Application Form. We may also collect credit information or credit eligibility information about you from third parties if you have consented to such collection. For example, from any organisation with whom you have any dealings, credit reporting bodies such as Veda, or from publicly maintained records. The purpose for which we may collect, hold, use and disclose credit information or credit eligibility information about you, is so we can assess whether to extend credit to you or to a customer (if you have given a personal guarantee in respect of that customer). If permitted under the Privacy Act1993 and Credit Reporting Privacy Code, we may disclose credit information or credit eligibility information about you to any organisation with whom you have any dealings, credit reporting bodies, creditors, other traders in the markets we trade in, our commercial customers, our suppliers and retailers of our products.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we collect an individual’s personal information from that individual. For example, we may collect information from you when you complete our Commercial Account Application Form, or provide a personal guarantee, or when you provide us with information, whether in person, by telephone, online or in writing. If you submit an order (including by telephone or online), we will collect information necessary to fulfil that order. However, occasionally we may also collect personal information from someone other than the individual where permitted by law or where you have given your consent, for example from any other organisation with which you have had any dealings, or which you have nominated to act as trade referee, or from publicly maintained records.
HOW WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration or access. Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Access to personal information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the access credentials (i.e. user name and password) you use to access and use our website.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
We collect personal information so we can:
- meet our legal obligations;
- identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives;
- meet our legal obligations as an employer, including using this personal information for legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes;
- inform you or others of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you or them;
- inform you or others about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services;
- provide you or others with information about offers or other benefits that may become available;
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- to provide goods, services or other benefits to be offered to customers, or for purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of goods, services or other benefits to you;
- carry out billing and/or debt recovery activities;
- carry out our management, administrative quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services;
- to register security interests on the Personal Properties Security Register;
- to assess your request for deferred payment terms, or interact with you as guarantor; and
- to conduct credit checks via third party credit reporting bodies.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
We use and disclose the personal information we collect for the purposes indicated above, and for other secondary purposes. We will only use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy and the Privacy Laws.
In carrying out our business and in accordance with this Policy and the Privacy Laws, it may be necessary for us to disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors, who help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect to our professional advisors such as legal practitioners and accountants, debt collectors and insurers. We will not use or disclose your personal information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the use and disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the third party is a credit reporting agency, your creditor, banker, financier, credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the disclosure is to a related body corporate; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
If you consent to receive information and marketing from us, we may use your personal information to advise you of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to you. This may include product and service offerings, newsletters and general information about us. If you no longer wish to to receive information about our products and services you can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting us, using the contact details listed below, and requesting that you no longer receive such communications from us. We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or service to you, unless you have expressly consented to that disclosure.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us, using the contact details listed below. We may charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs we incur in processing your request. We may also choose to deny your request for access where:
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency.If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why. We will respond to your request to access your information within 30 days.
QUALITY & CORRECTION
At all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know using the contact details set out below. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information and will respond to your request within 30 days.
WEBSITE & COOKIES
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy or in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Principles, please contact us, using the details listed below, so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. We will log your complaint and our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
- We will respond to your complaints within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with the handling of a complaint, you may complain to the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner via this link to the Office of the Australian information Commissioner via this link.
DISCLOSURE TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS
We are not likely to disclose your personal information to recipients located overseas.
If you require more detailed information about our information handling practices or if you have any concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will endeavour to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible.